Under the general supervision of the Corporate Director of Revenue Management, the Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating assigned projects and activities relating to the day-to-day implementation of online marketing strategies created to drive hotel revenue via Social Media, Ecommerce, Web development, Public Relations, and Brand Communication.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Develop and execute Digital & Marketing strategies and social media presence
- Maintain and update websites and online strategies as needed
- Provide general tactical support of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) initiatives such as keyword research and recommendations. You will develop meta titles and descriptions along with optimizing for local search.
- Service all basic analysis requests (such as ad-hoc analysis and trends and variances interpretation).
- Lead Content Audits to improve the overall experience of digital outlets and communicate opportunities to the appropriate parties. This will include performing content audits and content management of third-party sites such as CVENT and Online Travel Agents (OTAs)
- Research and analyze portfolio’s current online marketing presence and develop efforts to improve organic reach
- Coordinate any special projects on an as needed basis
- Create and executes cluster and/or property-based marketing & eCommerce programs, as appropriate, for all managed properties
- Work with the brands to further grow eCommerce exposure
- Ensure all hotels are fully activated on approved channels and maximize national marketing programs and promotions
- Support new hotel openings and renovations with marketing & eCommerce.
- Manage relationships with multiple contacts at the hotel properties
- Implement links to and from demand generators and track performance
- Manage public relations for properties and ALH, as directed
- Utilize advertising and email templates and media guidelines as needed
- Communicate accurate, complete and timely information on marketing promotions, tools and details to Area Directors, GMs and ALH Corporate as initiatives are identified and executed
- Develop and implement comprehensive eCommerce strategy to meet business needs
- Develop and manage property brand websites and independent websites
- Collaborates with executive team to identify key business objectives related to eCommerce
- Monitor emerging Internet technologies and directions
- Monitor the external environment and identifies opportunities to fulfill the corporate strategy
- Set priorities for planning activities across all divisions and functions.
- Serve as strategic liaison between Convention & Visitor Bureau and properties
- Develop, plan and oversee execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, trade show, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, and signage.
- Analyze marketing programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Plan and conduct market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Provide post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
Preferred Work Experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in hotel sales, marketing or ecommerce
- Working knowledge of Google AdWords, analytics, webmaster tools, remarketing
- Ability to analyze web statistics and advertising ROI
- Experience in the hotel industry considered a plus
- Very detail-oriented
- Ability to juggle a variety of projects at the same time, meeting multiple deadlines
- Good communicator, both written and orally
- Email marketing knowledge
- Demonstrates proficiency in using MS Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Photoshop & WordPress
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org