Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria is currently searching for a highly motivated individual with experience in Sales & Marketing preferably within select service to be our Sales Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Maintain group and catering bookings (within the sales file and SalesPro) to ensure that all information is properly entered for the group including traces, room pickup, catering revenue, turnover items, letters, emails, deposits, billing, etc.
• Prepare contracts, BEO’s and group resumes and submit Sales Manager/DOS for approval.
• Distribute and review resumes with applicable departments.
• Coordination of group needs with all departments involved on a continuous basis to ensure a seamless execution of services.
• Host site tours in the absence of the Sales Manager or DOS.
• Perform all responsibilities in a timely and efficient fashion, following established policy and projecting a favorable image of the hotel.
• Complies with hotel standards for sales while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers.
• Perform tasks and projects that support client schedules and sales revenue achievement such as assisting with telephone volume, scheduled and walk-in site inspections, as well as participating in MOD rotation if needed.
• Has excellent product knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and room dimensions as well as to have same knowledge of competitive hotels.
• Prepare for, participate in, and report out at all necessary internal meetings, conference calls, reporting, planning, training, and other communications required for this position.
• Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative, to succeed under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Handle individual reservations for LNR, CNR and VIP clients. Enter rooming lists for group bookings. Ensure that all arrangements, including upgrades, billing and room blocking requests are handled properly, coordinating with other departments through oral and written instruction.
• Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
• Knowledge of Sales, Reservation and Room’s distribution functions
• Assist with maintaining accounts, including traces, creating and updating bookings, and the preparation of contracts.
• Liaise with other hotel departments to help ensure Sales clients’ needs are met/exceeded.
• Willing to work flexible hours to include evening and weekend work
• All other responsibilities assigned by management.
• Completion of four-year college degree preferred
• Previous reservation or Front Desk experience preferred
• Proficiency of Excel, Word, Outlook, OnQ, R&I, SalesPro